Summit Business Systems is a technology solution provider based in New York that specializes in helping small to medium sized businesses leverage outsourced computing to give them a Fortune 500 technology presence.
Summit Business Systems approached us with a pre-built sales training presentation for one of their customers, a leading distributor of financial products and services banks and brokerage firms in United States. The objective was to make the presentation simple, clear and consistent.
It was an 80 slide presentation having multiple edits done recently by different stakeholders, resulting into an average looking aged presentation with the following issues.
- Use of multiple font families with no guidelines or rules in place
- Extensively heavy presentation due to the embedding of multiple font families
- Problem in delivering training presentation file over the mails due to heavy files
- Use of diverse, unrelated graphics & Images
- Use of more than 10 shades of blue with no particular presence for a single shade
- Inconsistent slide layouts
There were several pre-defined constraints before starting the work which we had to take care under every circumstances
- Minimal or no use of graphics
- Simplistic and easy to read design
- Delivery of the first presentable draft within 5 days
What we did
We did an in-depth examination of the presentation along the following lines.
- Purpose of the presentation and the intended audiences’ persona
- Medium of presentation and use (Projector, Mails, Smart Devices)
- Brand colors, font and look of the parent brand
- Analysis of the different color schemes, fonts and elements being used in the presentation
Developed a customized presentation rule guide having
- Primary and Secondary color palette
- Permitted font size for text, heading and important information based on medium of usage and readability aspect
- Permitted font family
Redesigned the complete presentation based on the developed guidelines
We feel special to be able to add value to our client’s organization. The observations and end results of our efforts were manifold.
Organizational efficiency – The presentation guidelines became a standard rule book for designing all the presentations in the company, eliminating the precious hours of employees which were getting wasted in experimentation with design and looking for online references
Brand Building – The similar and standardized look & feel of all the training modules helped in building a strong association and recognition with the brand
Resource optimization – With the use of a single font family, the presentation sizes were reduced significantly(3MB from 17MB earlier) making it easier to share them over the mail and reduced the reliability of paid secure file sharing services significantly
Better Presentations – The presentations looked much better than before by having a completely fresh and modernized look to the decks which stayed untouched for years
Happy audiences – The internal employees and staff who attended the earlier training not only responded positively but also showed higher engagement
More & Repeat business – We were awarded the contract to convert all the existing presentation deck into the modernized one based on the Presentation Rules and Guidelines
By Tom Przybylak
“This has been my best presentation design experience so far. I needed to have an 80 slide powerpoint cleaned up and redesigned. I was under a deadline, and needed it done within a few days. INK PPT responded and assured me they would be able to meet my deadline and was qualified for the work. I checked the portfolio and decided to take a chance. Long story short, they did great. They exceeded my expectations, did the work over a weekend, and came in a day before my deadline. They sent constant updates, showed me progress, and asked questions if they had them. I just showed the final presentation to our management team and they were blown away by how professional and great it looked. Very pleased, and already getting ready to send more work their way.”